Here is an example of
the kind of project that we undertake. Horizon is a world leader in designing
and manufacturing hand held test equipment for use in the Digital TV, Digital
Satellite and Digital cable sector. We provided the design for a sub-system for
one of their professional installer products.
- Discussions were held to determine
requirements and to agree on a preliminary specification.
- A feasibility study was carried out
to examine areas of technical risk. This included breadboarding of critical
- A costed proposal was tabled which
included budgetary pricing for the components to be used in
- The complete sub-system design was
carried out in close cooperation with the system architect.
- Prototype PCBs were built and
tested in isolation and then integrated with the breadboard for the complete
- Modifications were implemented to
achieve full integration of our design with the rest of the system
- A design package was delivered
which included sourcing information to allow procurement of critical parts. A
full test report was supplied demonstrating conformance to the design
- Assistance was given to help the
in-house designers to integrate the RF circuitry with the rest of the
equipment. Careful attention was paid to ensure that the final equipment would
meet its EMC requirements.
- Liason continued to ensure a smooth
transition to production.
- More details on the Horizon HD-CM Plus cable media installation
Horizon for their kind
permission to publish this case study.
nest prototype of part of the circuit
Prototype PCB used for system testing in the breadboard of the complete
The finished product, the Horizon HD-CM Plus cable media